HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

April Hollon, Belly Dancer and Amanda Metzgar, Clown

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: April Hollon, Belly Dancer and Amanda Metzgar, Clown   Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:12 am

The Night I Interviewed a Belly Dancer and a Clown.

April Hollon Fusion Dancer/Belly Dancer and Amanda Metzgar Clown
Interviewed by Paul Dale Roberts, President Jazma Online!
www.jazmaonline.com

When you have a hot belly dancer and a hot looking clown, I notice that the Men all Pause. So, it would be natural that this interview has a theme song. That theme song is: Men All Pause by Klymaxx and you can hear that song here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34QVPwRLRKU

To see pictures of April and Amanda, stop by here:
http://s643.photobucket.com/albums/uu157/PaulDaleRoberts_2009/HistoricalAnomalySociety/AmandaApril/

Question: Please tell us something about yourselves? Your hobbies, recreational activities, family life, etc.

April: I am a dancer. But I am also a music lover, a Pagan, and an excellent auntie. I am a member of the professional belly dance fusion troupe Verbatim out of Hot Pot studios, directed by Amy Sigil. We work within the local music scene here in Sacramento using modern rock music in our sets. My colleague Cimber Cade and I coordinate the Celtic Midsummer Faerie Festival celebrating Sacramento area artists.

Amanda: I am a registered nurse with LOTS of hobbies. I originally moved to California in 2006 from Nashville, TN. I started learning fire dancing in 2006 and have since branched out to fire eating, welded sculpture, and clowning. I also did paranormal investigations with Tennessee Ghost Hunters for three years when I was living in Nashville, TN.

Question: This has got to be one of the most unique interviews ever. How many people get to interview a belly dancer and a clown in one foul sweep? Oops! April, you dont like being called a belly dancer and if you dont mind, can you explain that? Let me get you two started on the next question. How did you get into your work as a clown (Amanda) and a Fusion dancer (April)?

Amanda: I started clowning when I was living in San Francisco. I started attending the Bohemian Carnival in 2006 and have been going ever since. The Bohemian Carnival is an amazing circus event put on by an eclectic group of performers in San Francisco several times a year.

April: Our dance studio strives at being dancers first and foremost. We like to combine, or fuse if you will, various belly dance styles with hula, hip hop, traditional Indian and modern street dance. Amanda and I met at an open discussion/gathering.

Question: Where do you two perform at?

Amanda: When Im fire dancing, I perform around Sacramento at various private events. As a Klown, I perform with the band Gooferman in and around the Bay Area. I also attend many events as a Klown just because, so you never know where you may run into me!

April: Everywhere! All over Sacramento. For an example 1614 K Street, and in front of my Halloween Express Store located at the Birdcage Shopping Center and Harlows downtown. And my fav, the Powerhouse Pub on Wednesdays for local music nights with Andy Hawk.

Question: Okay, let me ask you two again and I want a straight answer. April, please tell us about the numerous places you perform as a belly dancer.

April: Ive danced on many stages, including the big bellydance show in Fort Jones and the international dance fusion festival here in California Tribal Fest, local festivals like Sacramento Harvest festival and Celtic Midsummer Faerie festival, Marrakech Restaurant on Fulton. Verbatim has performed at the Sandbar in Citrus Heights with live local bands. And Verbatim is a troupe for hire, so we dance at many private parties and weddings. And soon we will dance in France.

Question: Amanda, would you tell the readers where you perform at (yep, I am asking again and I want that answer)?

Answer: DNA Lounge and CELLspace in San Francisco. I also performed at Harlows with the band Mutaytor.

Question: Here is one for Amanda. You told me that you were once a ghosthunter? What group did you ghosthunt with?

Answer: I was a member of Tennessee Ghost Hunters in Nashville, TN for 3 years. We did private investigations for Middle TN residents as well as investigating Bed and Breakfasts and public locations known to be haunted. My favorite haunted investigation was the overnight I did at Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Louisville, KY. It was built in the 1920s and used as a TB hospital, geriatric hospital, and psychiatric hospital before it was closed in the 1980s. It is definitely the MOST haunted location Ive ever visited.

Question: April, you are headed for France, for what reason?

Answer: Verbatim has been asked to teach a workshop and perform at the Tribal Urmah international belly dance festival this summer

Question: Here is an off-the-wall question for both of you. If you had 6 dinner guests, 3 historical and 3 fictional, who would they be and why?

April: my 3 fictional would be Jean Claude, Dorian Gray, Bruce Wayne. For historical, John Lennon, Jimi Hendrix, and Socrates.

Amanda: Historical Amelia Earhart, Martin Luther King and the Apostle Paul because they were trailblazers. Fictional Krusty the Clown. Im not sure who else, but Krusty is sure to keep it interesting!

Question: How can people contact you both? Websites, email addresses, Facebook?

Amanda: www.yournight.com/myklown, bootytheklown@hotmail.com, www.klownfetish.net

April: on facebook: April Hollon aprilhollonverbatim@gmail.com www.myspace.com/littleprell www.celticmidsummerfaeriefestival.info/ for Verbatim Dance www.unmata.com

Question: Thank you for the interview! Do you two have any words of wisdom for your readers?

April: All things excellent are difficult as they are rare Spinoza

Amanda: We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. Aristotle

Special Note: This interview was conducted on June 4, 2010 Friday at It's a Grind (located at Bruceville and Elk Grove Blvd) in Elk Grove, CA.

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager
aka The Demon Warrior
Shannon McCabe's HPI (Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International)
www.hpiparanormal.net
Baycon 2010 - Shannon & Paul on the Panel Part 1:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/17/
Baycon 2010 - Part 2
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/16/
Shannon McCabe/Paul Dale Roberts Paranormal Speaking Engagement at the Elk Grove Library:
http://www.motionbox.com/videos/a498deb31015e2c32c?utm_campaign=share_action_link&utm_medium=online&utm_source=facebook
HPI's Catlike Demon of Vacaville (Video)
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/14/
http://www.chatterbrew.com/
Chatterbrew!
Email: pauld5606@comcast.net
Cellular Paranormal Hotline: 916 203 7503
If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI
Back to top Go down
View user profile

April Hollon, Belly Dancer and Amanda Metzgar, Clown
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1