HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

June 12, 2010 - Second Saturday in Sacramento

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1069
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: June 12, 2010 - Second Saturday in Sacramento   Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:04 pm

June 12, 2010 – Second Saturday in Sacramento
By Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager
www.hpiparanormal.net - President www.jazmaonline.com

Pictures of the Fairy Festival, Nancy Bradley’s Garage Sale and Second Saturday can be found here:
http://s970.photobucket.com/albums/ae185/PaulDaleRoberts55/2ndSaturdayFairyFestival/

I have a very busy schedule and my weekends are usually packed with various events. In the back of my mind, I always said to myself that I need to check out Second Saturday and see what all the hoopla is about. That day is today, but first I had to do two things, before attending Second Saturday. I picked up my BFF Chantal Apodaca late Friday night and brought her over to my home, so she can be prepared to wake up early for Saturday’s events. 9am Saturday – Chantal and I are on the road and headed to Citrus Heights to pick up Raven Backrak. From there we headed over to Nancy Bradley – Celebrity Psychic’s home, there we met up with my business partner Shannon ‘Ms. Macabre’ McCabe. Nancy is having a garage sale and the benefits go to Noah’s Wish. This organization assists in saving lives of animals affected by disasters.

Think of all the marine animals in peril right now from the continuing oil spill in the Gulf! The images of pelicans and seagulls covered in black tar oil are a horrifying and chilling sight. Nancy Bradley is an animal preservation advocate. She knows animals can’t speak about their concerns and rally our support for their safety, so Nancy takes it upon herself to speak for the animals. Nancy is a heroine for animal causes. For information about Noah’s Wish, check out their website at www.noahswish.info or call them at: 916 939-9474 or email them at: info@noahswish.info - Nancy promotes ‘animal power!’

Nancy’s garage sale was a blast; there was a ton of cool items for sale. Raven found a very beautiful candle and a couple of interesting ‘ghost’ books. In fact Nancy gave Raven 4 of her books to keep. Nancy is a renowned paranormal author and her husband Robert Reppert runs Gold Rush Ghosts. Nancy’s website is at: http://www.nancybradley.org/ --- Gold Rush Ghosts is at this website: http://www.goldrushghosts.com/ At Nancy’s garage sale, she served doughnuts, coffee, margaritas and Pepsis. All of the refreshments were free! How many garage sales can you go to and be offered a margarita?

Shannon, Raven, Chantal and I headed over to the Fairy Festival in Fairoaks. There was Celtic type of music playing from the band. Met up with Rev. Stanley L. Morey II, who has been a card reader for 30 years. He reads energy crystals, talks about eternal processes, has psychic abilities. He tells me he is a 3rd degree high priest of English tradition – master level wizard and magical scientist. He teaches quantum Wicca and is the founder of Wizardcraft Technologies, Inc. – www.wizardcandles.comwizardcraft@sbcglobal.net - Other vendors we came across were: Erik and Teresa – The Enchanted Rune, Irish Rune Seers (916) 675-1057/enchantrune@facebook – theenchantsdrune@yahoo.com ; Dragonsong Creations, Eileen & Michael Boadman dragonsongcreations.etsy.com – dragonsongcreations.etsy.com ; people handing out flyers about the Holistic Living Expo that is coming up – information here: www.holisticlivingexpo.blip.tv ; Verbatim – fusion bellydance – www.unmata.com ; Go For It Magazine – www.goforitmagazine.com ; Design Bazaar. Design Bazaar designs and makes jewelry. They paint acrylic on canvas. They design parties and weddings. They have a New Age store portion of the business for any magical supplies, incense, oils from India. / designbazaar@yahoo.com – Myspace – Phone- (916) 420-4507.

After leaving the Fairy Festival we headed down in two cars to Second Saturday – Sacramento! I consulted with Sarah Kay Hannon, formerly of the Sacramento Press and now a Starbuck’s employee about the festivities of Second Saturday. She says the place is becoming a festive Mardi Gras! Shannon, Chantal, Raven and I were completely amazed. This is what we saw!

DJs and bands belting out their music to the festive crowd! I looked around in total awe. Sacramento has grown up and matured, we are no longer a cow town, and we are truly a city. I felt like I was in San Francisco or Los Angeles, experiencing what a real city has to offer. This is the feel of the city, the people, the local music, break dancers on the street, even an island type of atmosphere when a group of people in line succession danced down the street with upbeat Caribbean music playing. We watched the line succession of people salsa, samba and tango from one end of the street to another end of the street. This line succession stops and gets funky with their dancing and the people are cheering on, while Mardi Gras beads fall from the 2nd floor windows of old Gothic styled homes.

We walk into the art galleries and the hosts of these art galleries befriend us with white wines and red wines. The wine tasting is ALL free. People are sitting outside of nightclubs, restaurants and coffee shops and are busy people watching. People watching is the best part. You see some people in costume, men dressed as women, women dressed as men, rugged cowboy men dancing together, gorgeous women in their Summer attires, Geisha faced men and women walking down the street in unison. Yep, Sacramento grew up, we are a city and we are seeing the multi-culture and diversity of what our city has to offer. My god, I have been all around the world and thought I have seen everything, but there was one scene where I was like a deer in headlights. What am I talking about?

Well, I guess you will have to go to Second Saturday in Sacramento to find out what I saw. The atmosphere is definitely festive, fun and exciting. Sacramento’s finest had the crowd fully monitored and established safety measures to assure that everyone was having a good time and felt safe amongst the masses.

Second Saturday is a place where people can display their talents; express the way they live, be whoever they want to be. People who have talent can display their talent to the masses and get their 15 minutes of fame as video cameras roll and digital cameras flash. There was a woman that displayed her hula hoop talents and people cheered at the top of their lungs for this lovely and talented lady!
There is a lot of walking at Second Saturday, but its well worth it. There are so many sights to see. I hope Second Saturday lasts forever.

Pretty soon we will have tourists around the world wanting to go to Sacramento and experience the flavors of what Second Saturday has to offer!

Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager
aka The Demon Warrior
Shannon McCabe's HPI (Haunted and Paranormal Investigations International)
www.hpiparanormal.net
Baycon 2010 - Shannon & Paul on the Panel Part 1:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/17/
Baycon 2010 - Part 2
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/16/
Shannon McCabe/Paul Dale Roberts Paranormal Speaking Engagement at the Elk Grove Library:
http://www.viddler.com/explore/ParanormalView/videos/1/
HPI's Catlike Demon of Vacaville (Video)
http://www.viddler.com/explore/HPI_Shannon/videos/14/
http://www.chatterbrew.com/
Chatterbrew!
Email: pauld5606@comcast.net
Cellular Paranormal Hotline: 916 203 7503
If you have a possible investigation call: 1-888-709-4HPI
Back to top Go down
View user profile

June 12, 2010 - Second Saturday in Sacramento
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1