HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Christy Wardlow, Publisher of Chatterbrew.com

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1056
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Christy Wardlow, Publisher of Chatterbrew.com   Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:18 am

Interview with Christy Wardlow, Publisher of Chatterbrew Online Magazine
Interviewed by Paul Dale Roberts, HPI General Manager
www.hpiparanormal.net

Question: Please tell us something about yourself. Your family life, schools you attended, pets you own, hobbies, recreational activities and places you have visited while on vacations.

Answer: I am a happily married stay at home working mother with two beautiful children ages five and seven. I work at home as a web designer, Pr Executive, Writer, Book Producer, and support system for people that need encouragement. We have one prissy kitty cat, one bunny and one guinea pig which happen to be great friends. As far as recreational activities my family likes to explore our area visiting all kinds of new places around us. We are always on the go looking for new experiences and adventures. I do love to dance and find new yummy restaurants. I am also a volunteer for the school and am always trying to promote education and parent involvement in the schools.

Question: You have a very popular magazine called Chatterbrew. Can you tell me what kind of magazine this is and how did you get started publishing this magazine?

Answer: I started Chatterbrew , August 2009 because I needed a creative outlet and since I have so many wonderful friends who are amazing writers managed to pull them in to submit their wonderful creative expressions. I am all about bringing people together and promoting art, offering an outlet to those that can use one. Writers need a place to publish and I offer them a safe environment free of negative comments and give tons of encouragement to keep them going with their passions.

Question: Where were you born at and where were you raised?

Answer: I was born in Clearwater, Florida and moved around a bit before settling in Aspen Colorado as a teenager where I spent my middle school and high school years after which I went to college at 17 and then moved to California at 18 with 100 bucks in my pocket and an old car. It was an amazing experience for me and I am very happy I had that time to explore myself and learn many lessons. I have wild stories about living as a single person in L.A. One of which Iím proud of is the time as a musicians, singing and playing original music at places like the Chateau Marmont and different venues. I also worked for the Grammies as a Diva and enjoyed that immensely.

Question: How did you begin your writing career?

Answer: I just started writing actually and realized that I enjoyed it as an outlet. Iíve always had a knack for writing and when I started Chatterbrew, I basically just started. My mentor Martin Higgins was always an amazing encourager and now I write some articles for the local newspapers and am co-writing a book. I just sort of fell into it because I love it. I obviously am always learning how to be a better writer and I thank Martin for his amazing editing that he offers off of Chatterbrew as well.

Question: What kind of stories will a reader find in Chatterbrew?

Answer: A reader will find a variety of content in Chatterbrew because itís a very diverse environment which includes, fiction, non -fiction, poetry, life stories, and of course as you know a wonderful assortment of paranormal articles that you have been so kind to send to me. Itís really an eclectic site and I even have horoscopes in there written by Sinlou Ingraffia. People have an assortment of life experiences which they write about and submit to the site. Itís been a wonderful journey for sure meeting new people and hearing what they have to say.

Question: You are a coach for Odyssey. What is this all about?

Answer: Odyssey of the Mind is a wonderful program for children from the elementary grades up through high school. The program is really what I call Theater 101 because the kids come up with answers to complex life problems, then create props, scripts, learn team work and perform their creation on stage in front of a panel of judges. Itís very intense and the kids absolutely love it. The kids are doing what they do best and that is being creative.

Question: Do you want Chatterbrew to become a hard copy magazine and if you do, what means are you taking to make this dream come true?

Answer: I would love Chatterbrew to become a hard copy magazine and Iím working toward making that happen. Obviously one of the things happening these days is E publishing so Iím working towards getting something set up for that to happen. Itís certainly a challenge making time for this big adventure and Iím kind of the lone ranger so finding the time and getting it all set up is certainly a challenge. I have it on my list of things to do!

Question: Where did you find your contributors for Chatterbrew or how did they find you?

Answer: The contributors have come from my life outside and inside of Facebook. Iíve had a lot of family support which helped me get started and then friends would tell friends about it. I have made a lot of wonderful friends on Facebook who have been an integral part of submissions. People are now finding us on the web and submitting from there so itís definitely growing. Really, itís family and friends who have helped get things started.

Question: How can people contact you? Do you have a website and how can someone subscribe to Chatterbrew?

Answer: They can contact me at Christy@chatterbrew.com and the website is www.chatterbrew.com. I also have a new bio page telling people about what I offer as far as services go and how I can help them at www.chatterbrewmagazine.com .

Question: If you had 6 dinner guests, 3 historical and 3 fictional, who would they be and why?

Answer: If I could sit down and have dinner with anyone that it would honestly be Martin Higgins my writing mentor, Sinlou Ingraffia, You, Salvador Dali (my favorite artist), Sarah Mclachlan (my favorite musician) and Kurt Vonnegut.

Question: What TV shows, movies and books are your favorites?

Answer: My favorite book is A Brave New World and my favorite shows are Dextor and True Blood.

Question: Have you ever had a paranormal experience? If you did explain.

Answer: I would say yes and they mostly happened when I lived in the ghetto of Hollywood where I could have sworn I saw a dark blobbed entity and felt dark pressing shadows while I slept. I do have a favorite story of when I was in my first year of college when my Native American friend took me outside and showed me the shadows that run through the trees and told me, ďDo not be afraid of them but rather ignore them. They canít hurt you but you must know that these dark things exist.Ē I also believe in the angelic realm and that somehow Iím connected to this as a human angel. I have had many tell me that I have a very intense connection to this dimension and have had out of body and meditational experiences where Iíve channeled the angels that surround and protect me. I really am a skeptic of the other worlds and paranormal experiences but have met quite a few people who I believe do have real psychic abilities like Sinlou Ingraffia. I also believe I have gifts but am always afraid to delve into them too deeply. For a short time in my life it sort of overtook me and had to close that channel because of this connection. Sinlou is my mentor and support in this area and she helps me open up to the idea that I have these gifts. Again, she is a wonderful friend!

Question: Thank you for this fantastic interview!! Do you have any words of wisdom for your readers?

Answer: Thank you, Paul for the interview and for also being such a great friend and support for Chatterbrew. My advice to readers is to follow their dreams and to connect with people who encourage them. If someone tells them that itís not possible to accomplish what they want in life to remember that those people are trouble makers and that we all have the capability and right to succeed no matter what weíve been through in our lives. Difficulty in life is a necessity to learn the lessons we need to push us forward. We all have special gifts and it is important to do what we love to do and not to be judgmental of others, ever. Life is short and we have to do what we love, period.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Christy Wardlow, Publisher of Chatterbrew.com
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: Paranormal Groups :: H.P.I. Haunted and Paranormal Investigations-
Jump to: