HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Denise Benitez-Gonzalez aka Satana, Artist of Art of Satana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PaulDaleRoberts

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Denise Benitez-Gonzalez aka Satana, Artist of Art of Satana   Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:29 am

Interview with Denise Benitez-Gonzalez aka Satana, Artist of Art of Satana
By: Deanna Jaxine Stinson, Paranormal Researcher
Halo Paranormal Investigations - HPI International
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/HPIinternational/
Paranormal Hotline: (916) 203-7503 - 4 Advice & Investigations
Email: shootingstarbaby@teardropsofanangel.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOxIWGoGSHc&feature=youtu.be
Deanna Talks with Denise aka Satana!

Interview Date: 10/03/2014
Time of Interview: 7:30pm
Present at Interview: Paul Dale Roberts, Deanna Jaxine Stinson, Denise Benitez-Gonzalez. Sidenote: Nancy Garcia dropped by with her child and 2 friends - it's a small world.
Location: Starbucks – Alhambra and N Street, 1401 Alhambra Blvd, Sacramento

Question: Before we get started with this interview, tell us something personal about yourself. Your home life, schools you went to? Recreational activities and hobbies? TV shows, movies and books you may like?

Answer: Yay! Starting off with fun facts! Let’s see. I was born and raised in New York City and lived there for 35 years before transplanting to Sacramento. I went to an all girl’s Catholic high school, and played the glockenspiel in the school’s award-winning marching band. I also worked as an asbestos abatement worker for about a year. Tough work but awesome experience! I also practiced ballet seriously for four years and got as far as being able to dance on pointe toe shoes. Still can’t do the split though! I have been happily married for 16 years to a most wonderful man. As far as hobbies, I enjoy dancing at clubs, making electronic music, knitting and crocheting, cats, reptiles and arachnids, creative writing. I also enjoy watching baseball, soccer and ice hockey.

Question: Deanna Jaxine Stinson, my wife and I met you at Chalk it Up Sacramento, how did you get involved with this event?

Answer: I got involved with Chalk It Up about 5 years ago at the request of a very good friend, Michelle Barbaria. She said it would be a great way to get exposed to the art community in Sacramento, especially since I had recently moved here from NYC. Best decision I have made as I really enjoy the camaraderie and spirit of this event.

Question: How did you become an artist? Are you self taught or did you learn from somebody?

Answer: Art has always been a part of my life since I was a young child; my parents have always been creatively inclined. My mom was a cosmetologist and loved making clothes, and my dad is a very skilled carpenter. My mother told me that I was drawing before I could read and write. It has always been something natural for me. Of course in my later years, I have taken several art courses to help perfect a technique or open my eyes to something I may have not experienced before.

Question: Do you get involved in other artistic events?

Answer: I mainly do Chalk It Up events and help in any promotional events for it, and I am currently part of Cauldron 13, a circle of women artists. I also like to get involved in art projects like the Sacramento News & Review News rack project. I currently have a piece on display at the Coloma Community Center. I occasionally will show at tattoo shops, and do a lot of graphic design freelancing. Of course I would like to be part of more art events in Sacramento area as well as well as do a solo art showing in the not-so far future.

Question: Besides your art, what other talents do you have?

Answer: Ha, ha, well besides being awesome, I don’t know if I have any other talents. I do know I am disciplined enough to learn new things and excel at them. I am very determined that way. I have been told I am very good dancer and just have a good eye for creativity.

Question: What do you enjoy drawing?

Answer: I enjoy acrylic painting, pen & ink, colored pencils, mixing media, as well as graphic design and digital illustration. I love to do Day of the Dead themes, aliens, gothic and horror themes. I especially enjoy drawing and painting women. I think the female form is beautiful and so expressive.

Question: Since I am a paranormal investigator, I have to ask you, have you ever had a paranormal experience?

Answer: Yes I have! I have had many unexplained occurrences and experiences since I was a child. Some have been so intense that it has been a source of constant inspiration, questioning and admiration of the world around me, both seen and unseen. I work at Evangeline’s in Old Sacramento and that place has always been a place for paranormal activity. I personally have some personal experiences up on the third floor of the Costume Mansion and also in the basement, where I usually work. Of course, I have become accustomed to my friendly visitors.

Special Note: HPI has investigated Evangelines with Channel 3 News. The employees claim there is a ghostly miner in the basement that moves clothes around and that on the 3rd floor, late at night they can hear shuffling of feet, disco music and laughter. Possibly this is residual energy from the 70s, when the 3rd floor was D.O. Mills (a hot disco night spot in Sacramento).

Question: What are your spiritual beliefs?

Answer: I consider myself spiritual and a bit agnostic. I am more a believer in the energies of the Universe. What you give to the Universe, she gives it back tenfold.

Question: Before this interview ends, I have to ask you some fun questions. If you had 6 dinner guests, 3 historical, 3 fictional, who would they be?

Answer: Oh great question! Historical would be Vlad the Impaler, Salvador Dali, and Frida Khalo. Fictional would have to be Voldermort, Morticia Addams and King Leonidas from the movie 300. I think the conversation would be bloody good!

Question: If you were on a deserted island, what 3 things would you bring?

Answer: A pencil, a big drawing pad and a my ipod (hopefully it will have full charge). At least I know in my solitude I will be able to unleash my creativity.

Question: How can people contact you?

Answer: I have several ways people can contact me. I have a Facebook page facebook.com/ArtbySatana . I also have an art website artbysatana.com which is currently getting revamped. I can also be found on Instagram @artbysatana

Question: What are your goals with your artwork?

Answer: Personally I would like to be able to dedicate more time to my art. I want to be able to do solo art showings in Sacamento, and expand to possibly SF, Portland, New Orleans and NYC. I also want to write a children’s picture book. Ultimately, I would like to teach art or provide art as form of therapy for troubled children and/or the elderly suffering with dementia and Alzheimer’s. I think the latter would bring be the biggest sense of fulfillment.

Question: Thank you for this fantastic interview, do you have any words of wisdom for your readers?

Answer: I say follow your bliss. Do what makes you happy and be open to the world around you. You will be surprised how many doors will open. Lastly, believe in yourself and in your abilities and keep doing what you love. Do it for yourself. Thanks for the interview, Paul and Deanna!

Deanna Jaxine Stinson, HPI Supernatural Sleuth
aka The Black Rose
Halo Paranormal Investigations (HPI International)
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/HPIinternational/
TEARDROPSOFANANGEL
http://teardropsofanangel.com/
GET HPI UNIFORMS HERE: http://hpii.spreadshirt.com/
http://www.knighttalkradio.blogspot.com/ for HPI Stories!
Managed by Staci Butler, HPI Twitter Account Manager
http://alldestiny.com/index.php/paul-dale-roberts/
My Bio Link at Ceri Clark's All Destiny Magazine!
Email: pauld5606@comcast.net
Paranormal Cellular Hotline: For Investigation or Advice: 916 203 7503
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Denise Benitez-Gonzalez aka Satana, Artist of Art of Satana
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1