My Dog Bandit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: My Dog Bandit   Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Hello, I was reading your stories and found them very fascinating..I have a story I would like to share about my dog Bandit. Bandit was a lhasa apso that me and my family had for about 14years. Bandit had a series of medical
problems, which since he was mainly "my" dog, I got a job to pay his vet bills. (I was barely in my teens) we all loved that little dog so much. I have a large family..4 brothers and my parents and myself. Well, towards the end of
his life he became very ill, I was not living at home at the time, but my mom would always call me when something was wrong with him.

On this day, I was driving out to my moms, I started to cry and became very sad, I think I had a premonition of what was to come the next few days. Bandit it turned out had diabetes, and we didn't know it, he was very sick and spent the next few days in the vet while they tried to stabilize his glucose level...to no avail, he wouldn't eat, he was very weak, he kept getting fevers..there was no hope. We had to make the decision to put him to sleep. I must say that was the single most difficult decision I had ever had to make. I was devasted.

My mom called my brothers at there jobs, and everyone was there at that vet that day, except my dad,he was working. We spent a little time with him in the room before they took him back to give him the shot. That dog was smart...I could swear the little guy knew somthing was up..finally, they took him back and 2 of my brothers went back there with him...they came back out crying and I knew it was done..I was completely devasted..that was my baby. But strangely on the way home, I felt a sense of relief, like he wasn't in pain or suffering anymore. Like any crazy pet owner, I had him privatley cremated at a cemetary, and to this day his ashes are in my mothers armoirre.

But..in the weeks to come after we put him to sleep, my little brother...(who still lived at home) could swear he heard bandit at night..sometimes when Bandit would get restless, he would kind of wimper, like he wanted someone to pay attention to him, that's what my brother would hear..then my brother would call out his name(which is what he used to do when Bandit was alive) and it would stop. And my father...big spook skeptic...also heard Bandits claws tapping on the tile floor in the kitchen...one of his favorite places to sleep. My mom is always trying to get me to take the ashes with me, now that I have my own home, but I always tell her no, because that is his home. I don't know about anyone else, but I firmly believe that if an animal is treated and loved like one of the family, that they develop a soul, and maybe, just maybe, they are waiting for us in heaven...My belief is that my 2 grandpas that passed on some time ago, are taking care of Bandit till I get there...Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My Dog Bandit   Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm absolutely sure most "higher" animals have souls. If there's intelect, there's soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My Dog Bandit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gateway :: Gateway :: Paranormal Pets-
Jump to: