My Dog Rebel

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: My Dog Rebel   Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:25 pm

When I was a lot younger (around 5) we had a family dog. He was a large black German Shepard mix named Rebel. He was very protective of my brother, sister and I. We lived in the country on the shores of Lake Erie. If strangers ever came by the house, he would instinctively get between them and us, growling.

In the wintertime, we would follow him through the snow banks in the woods surrounding the house. He would plow through, making a path for us. I was the youngest and would fall behind. He would always come back to get me. In the summer, we would go down and play in the creek by the house. He was my first best friend.

When I was ten, we had to have him put to sleep. He was older and in pain. I cried the whole day. That night, I had a dream about him. In it, Rebel was there. We were in the backyard. He was hobbling around, because he was in pain. He started walking towards me in the dream. Suddenly he was struck by some Jacobís ladders (those are the sunbeams that break through clouds). He started dissolving. It was fairly gruesome, but it made me sad and happy at the same time. I knew it was more than a dream, and Rebel was telling me he wasnít in pain anymore. After his body was completely gone, I woke up crying.

I few months later, I was out in the woods. I was still sad at Rebel not being there. Thatís when I saw him. He was up in the distance. I ran to catch up to him, and he would run ahead, never letting me catch up, but stopping if I fell too far behind. He eventually led me down to the river. He looked back at me. I got the feeling he was telling me he had to go, but he had wanted to play one last time. He walked into the center of the river, into some Jacobís ladders created by the leaves of treeís hanging over the river, and disappeared.

I know this isnít a scary story. Iím actually tearing up twenty years later remembering it. Itís the only ghost experience Iíve ever had though.

By: Jeffrey.Lewis@dm.af.mil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: My Dog Rebel   Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:43 pm

It may be the only ghost experience you had, but it was a beautiful one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

My Dog Rebel
Page 1 of 1