Share | 

Psychic Cat

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Marna

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Psychic Cat   Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:09 am

I swear to God, if I didn't have a witness to this story, I'd never repeat it. What a Face This happened about 30 years ago and it still leaves me scratching my head.

At the time, I was living next county over but came home often on weekends to help my mom out with things that needed doing. She had rented out a bedroom to a friend of mine who was taking nursing courses at the local community college, so I slept on the fold-out couch in the living room. My Siamese cat, Mese, would curl up either in the crook of my arm or crawl in under the covers as a matter of routine.

This one particular night we had all turned in and about 3:14 a.m. Mese woke up in a lather. He nudged me insistently, meowing and pawing, until I woke up. As I set there looking at him, he turned around and ran back to my mother's room and repeated the performance.

As Mom and I stood in the hall trying to make sense of it all, he ran to the boarder's closed bedroom door, put his paw under the door and rattled it until she awoke and came out in the hall with us. Mese looked from at each of us as if taking a head count, then turned and trotted back to the hide-a-bed and curled up. As you might imagine, we were rather puzzled, but with no answers forthcoming, we went back to bed.

A few minutes later, the phone rang. It was the elderly lady who lived with her husband across the street. "Can you come quickly? I think something is wrong with Ed." We all ran over to discover that something was indeed wrong with Ed. The poor old fellow had sat up on the edge of his bed and died. Hiw wife had been shaking him and trying to wake him for [i]about fifteen minutes.

I wonder if Mese didn't sense death lurking and wanted to make sure HIS people were all right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Cat   Thu Apr 10, 2008 7:47 am

Hello Marna!
Great story, I'm big fan of cats and I know they are very "in tune" with other world.
Please read story (on page 4) "Seniors Home Pet in Winnipeg, Canada", it confirms your experience.
Also, I just love your avatar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marna

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Cat   Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:02 am

Hi Alice. Nice to meet other cat folks. Glad you enjoyed the story. I don't share that with people a lot--for obvious reasons, i.e., they'd have me committed! cat Also glad you like the avatar. I should have put in a pic of my two furkids, but I found that one online somewhere and just LOVE it. Maybe one day... I've always been a cat person too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Renee

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-20

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Cat   Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:09 pm

I also believe that cats have psychic abilities. My cat Simba (the one I have as my avatar) will come running from wherever he is in the house within a minute of when I decide to go to bed. Even before I say anything to anyone like goodnight, I'm going to bed, etc. And I don't always go to bed a the same time so it's not like it's a time thing either. Just like he can sense it. scratch

And any cat person can tell you that cats are loving and fully capable of worrying over the ones they love.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/auntna_na
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psychic Cat   

Back to top Go down

Psychic Cat
Page 1 of 1