Fergies Farewell

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-01-26

PostSubject: Fergies Farewell   Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:59 pm

I was working on a kibbutz in Israel and a small pretty mongrel attached herself to me, following me everywhere.

I called her Fergie and eventually I returned to England, bringing her with me although it involved putting her in quarantine for six months.

Fergie and I were extremely close to eachother and went everywhere together for the next 12 years.

Time passed and she became ill with kidney failure. I took her to the vet who wanted to keep her in for a few hours for rehydration - he said that she would be unlikely to live for more than a few weeks but could be nursed at home. When I went to collect her with my two year old daughter he said she was much improved and I carried her out to the car. As I was holding her in my arms she suddenly made an undescribably anguished noise, licked my face and died. I was devastated. The vet came out, expressed his surprise and said that she must have known she was dying but had waited for me to come.

I drove her body home and my husband arranged for her to be buried in a pretty pet cemetary set on a hillside.

Three mornings later I noticed what I can only describe as an "electrically charged" atmosphere in the house and asked my husband if he could feel it. Initially he said no, but then became rather upset and told me that he had woken up around daybreak as he could feel a weight upon his chest and his face was being licked. He had assumed that it was our daughter playing around, but was very shocked when he opened his eyes to see Fergie. He said she then walked to the door, sat down, looked back at him for several seconds and then faded away.

At first I couldn't understand why she had appeared to my husband rather than to me, but then I realised that she had already said goodbye to me and was coming to wish him farewell.

Neither of us have ever seen her again.

By: Trina.McKay@iomcollege.ac.im
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.hauntings.silversgateway.com
Alice

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Fergies Farewell   Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:48 pm

Very moving story. Both sad and comforting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Fergies Farewell
Page 1 of 1